Crunchy granola anyone?
It is no secret I have a sweet tooth so when it comes to breakfast there is no denying that granola is one of my favourite things. Baking my own makes me go weak at the knees, I get so excited I get to chose my favourite ingredients and make it just how I like it.
If you are anything like me, and I suspect by reading this you are, then you will enjoy munching away an entire bowl or sprinkling this golden goodness on yoghurt, pancakes and smoothie bowls galore!
- 2 cups jumbo whole oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon cinammon
- 1/2 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients
- Add honey and mix together
- Line a tray and spread mixture evenly
- Bake on low 110 °C for 60 min turning the granola over every 20 min or until golden brown
- Let it cool so it hardens and becomes crunchy, store in jars or air tight containers – if you can make it last!
Tip: make it before you have visitors, your entire house will smell like warm apple pie!