Eggs are a staple in my diet, they are essential for building muscles, incredibly versatile and I simply love the taste. Pair them with avocado and salmon and you are in heaven. Take your taste buds to the clouds with this easy baked version.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Avocados
- Smoked Salmon 100gm
- Herbs of choice for topping
Serves two people.
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Cut avocado in half and take out the pip. Scoop out about 2 tbs out to make room for the egg
- Crack egg, separate the yolk and carefully place it inside the avocado
- Once the yolk is at the bottom, gently pour the egg white so it covers the yolk completely
- Place avocados with eggs on a muffin tray. I find this stops them from rolling on their side.
- Place in the oven and
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. This will depend on the size of your avocados and eggs, allow for enough time to let the egg whites set
- Sprinkle herbs of your choice on top and serve with the smoked salmon
TIP: if you have leftover egg whites, pour on the muffin tray to make little decorating discs and top with smoked salmon.