Nothing beats a creamy homemade almond milk. This milk alternative is popular for it’s versatility, you can use it for overnight oats, cereal, curries, soups, smoothies, or just enjoy on its own. It’s dead easy to make so have a go and ditch the additives and preservatives, I guarantee you will never look back!
- 1 cup organic almonds
- 4 cups of water
- Optional: vanilla bean, cinnamon, honey or dates
You will also need a cheese cloth or sprout bag (I use an Aesop bag and it works a treat!)
- Soak almonds overnight (min. 12 hours)
- Rinse almonds well and discard water
- Mix almonds with water and blend (I use nutribullet). Keep in mind the almonds will expand so leave plenty of room
- Blend for a few minutes until creamy
- Line a deep container with cloth
- Strain mixture into a container, roll cloth from the top and allow the milk to drip into the container
- Squeeze the mixture until all liquid is out
- Pour into container and store in fridge for about a week
For a sweetened versions add your choice of vanilla bean, cinnamon, honey or dates. After straining and blend again. Add until you get to your desired taste.
Use the leftover pulp to use in smoothies, overnight oats or make almond flour.