Super proud of these little mini drops of goodness, I have made them a few times to get to perfection and boy oh boy do they hit the spot!
There are only three magic ingredients: dates, dark chocolate and nuts – that is it! The trick is in the process and the order in which you mix them together, so get ready to swoosh your magic wand and let your taste buds be utterly satisfied.
- Raw almonds 2 cups (or mixed nuts)
- Pitted and diced dates 2 cups
- Dark chocolate 80-90% 70gm
- Desiccated coconut for sprinkling (optional)
- In a food processor place the almonds and pulse on high until you get a nice crumbly texture, the oil should start to come out
- Next add the chocolate, break them in to small pieces with your hands and whizz until they have become one with the nut mix
- Final step is to add the dates and pulse until everything is smooth and sticky
- Pro tip – grease an ice cube tray with coconut oil and use it as mould – you are welcome!
- Place in the fridge overnight or minimum 2 hrs if you are rushed for time, then sprinkle the coconut as a final touch
Once you try this you will be hooked, I have given them to a few people to try and honestly they are always bedazzled.
I would love to hear your comments and hear how you get on with the recipes. If you decide to make them please tag me on social with your attempt! @imalealvarez on instagram.