I have had a few changes in my life recently, moving from London to Stockholm so I have not been able to spend much time in the kitchen or writing. Since nothing makes me feel more at home than Sunday baking I thought I’d give it a whirl to help with the ‘settling in’ and here is the result!
I loved making these bars and the taste is quite something so here’s how…
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 1/4 cup protein powder – I used vanilla
– 1/4 cup oat flour
– 5 tbsp nut butter – I used almond
– 3 tbsp honey – you can use maple or agave syrup instead
– 2 tbsp coconut oil – melted
– 2 tbsp desiccated coconut – optional extra for coating
– 1/4 freeze-dried strawberries – chopped
*You can use frozen strawberries however the consistency will be softer
– In a bowl mix almond flour, protein powder and coconut
– Separately, mix the almond butter, coconut oil and honey. To soften and mix together use use the double boiler method and let it cool down a little
– Combine both mixtures together until you have a smooth but thick paste
– Add the strawberries and continue to mix together
– Press into a lined tray, I like to use cling wrap to tighten and bring together, however you can use parchment paper instead
– Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight
– Remove from tray, slice and roll onto the remaining coconut to fully coat the bars. This will make them look good, help absorb excess moisture and add a bit of crunch too!
*If you use frozen strawberries, chop them and mix as normal then line the tray with cling wrap and cover fully like a parcel. Keep in the fridge overnight, remove cling wrap, slice and you will definitely need to coat them with coconut. This version will be softer but so much more decadent!
These are for the senses, they have a gorgeous taste and the smell of strawberry is divine!
Made your own? take a pic and tag me in your attempt I would love to see them.